The Powerful Words of God
By Pastor Doug Sarver.
“Let there be”
- God is creator, not you!
- What God says will be!
- What God creates is Good and pleasing.
Mark 2:9-11 “9 Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat, and walk’? 10 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins” — he told the paralytic — 11 “I tell you: get up, take your mat, and go home.”
Luke 17:17-19 ( healing the leper) 17 Then Jesus said, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? 18 Didn’t any return to give glory to God except this foreigner? ” 19 And he told him, “Get up and go on your way. Your faith has saved you.”
John 11:43 ( Lazarus ) 43 After he said this, he shouted with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out! ” 44 The dead man came out bound hand and foot with linen strips and with his face wrapped in a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”
- God always has the final word!
- The compassion of God is far more than we will ever understand.
- The things we see as finished, God says are worth reviving.
“Peace, Be still”
Mark 4:39 39 He got up, rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Silence! Be still! ” The wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 Then he said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith? ”
- The things that look uncontrollable for us are controlled by God.
- God doesn’t have emergency meetings
- God is with us in the midst of all storms.
- We see storms and He sees peace.
Matthew 4:19 19 “Follow me,” he told them, “and I will make you fish for people.” 20 Immediately they left their nets and followed him.
Matthew 16:24 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone wants to follow after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
- There is only one who is worthy to follow, JESUS!
- Until we follow Jesus we are simply taking a walk.
- The results of Following Jesus will always result in change that we experience and others see.
“Why do you say you love me and do not do the things I ask?”
Luke 6:46 46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and don’t do the things I say?
- Be careful what you promise to do for Jesus.
- We will be held accountable for our every word.
- Love requires action.
- Even Jesus is confused about our lack of obedience.
“Woman, you do not know what you are asking”
Matthew 20:20-22 20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons approached him with her sons. She knelt down to ask him for something. 21 “What do you want? ” he asked her.
“Promise,” she said to him, “that these two sons of mine may sit, one on your right and the other on your left, in your kingdom.”
22 Jesus answered, “You don’t know what you’re asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink? ”
“We are able,” they said to him.
- Be careful what you ask Jesus for!
- Four possible answers to our prayer requests: Yes, No, Wait, and YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR!
- Selfish people ask for selfish things.
- What are you asking God for right now?
- How many of your requests focus on you and not others?
The powerful words of God are used to direct and redirect our lives toward His glory alone.